Do you feel uncomfortable with yourself because of the pronounced veins you have in your hands? You feel like they look terrible in you, and it limits you from going somewhere else because you don’t feel okay with those hand veins. Or you might be concerned because these veins are an indication of a medical problem.
It is completely understandable to have that position regarding hand veins. To help you reduce your concern, you need to know that an effective hand vein treatment exists.
Where Do Hand Veins Come From? Are They Normal or a Sign of Poor Health?
Hand veins are completely normal, and they can appear depending on the cause. However, sometimes, hand veins might also mean a medical problem such as a vascular disease.
Hand veins can appear because of different causes:
- Low Body Fat: If you are underweight, you probably have hand veins. Underweight people commonly have more prominent veins as they have thin hands.
- Age: As you age, your skin will gradually begin to thin and lose elasticity. Moreover, due to weakened valves, the blood can pool longer times, making the veins thicker and more visible.
- High Temperatures: If you are in a hot place, your body will start sending extra blood to the surface veins because it is becoming harder for vein valves to work correctly. Therefore, due to more blood pools in the hands, the veins become enlarged and more pronounced.
- Superficial Thrombophlebitis: It refers to inflammation of the veins close to your skin’s surface. Then, if you suffer from superficial thrombophlebitis, you will probably have pronounced hand veins.
- Deep Vein Thrombosis (DVT): Unlike superficial thrombophlebitis, DVT happens due to a blood clot in the veins that are deeper in the arm.
How Sclerotherapy Can Help With Your Hand Veins
Sclerotherapy is one of the more popular cosmetic vein treatments. Its purpose is to shrink those pronounced veins that people don’t like. Sclerotherapy is a very effective treatment. Its procedure consists of tiny injections with chemical solutions to completely reduce or eliminate the undesired veins.
After you take sclerotherapy treatment, your pronounced veins will heal and visually disappear from your body in a matter of a few weeks. Consequently, sclerotherapy treatment will help you have your hands back as you like them, get your confidence back, and stop limiting yourself to go outside.
It is important to know that this cosmetic treatment has side effects such as temporary swelling, but it fades over time.
Get Your Sclerotherapy Treatment With the Center for Advanced Vein Care
The Center for Advanced Vein Care is a vein clinic offering sclerotherapy as an effective hand vein treatment. If you suffer from hand veins as a cosmetic or medical problem, then we are the best option to get rid of those undesired hand veins.